Friday, July 30, 2010

Unbelievable that it has taken me a good 15 minutes to work out how to post something new to my blog again! Practice is definitely needed. Yesterday i got the opportunity for some hands on 'play' with 'flash' meetings and google 'docs' with the help of Jan whom I discovered has also enrolled on this course. So reassuring. So many applications that are being used in this course and so many bits and pieces to visit. And each person you talk to has their own 'favourite' programme.

On the way back from the airport today an interesting interview about how all these techniques are encouraging us to interact and maybe think/respond in short and shallower ways. the 'need' to be hooked into all the networks and keeping up on all the 'new information' as it happens does not leave alot of time for reflection. How much time to spend on the net each day? How to control the inflow of copious bits of information yet keep up with the play by visiting blogs, emails etc etc.

I can see managing this will be a challenge to my current preferred way of working.

1 comment:

  1. gillian
    I heard that interview also. What interested me was that the communication could go on a continuum from deep to shallow and the shorter and more immediate,(twitter and text) the more likely it is to be at the shallow end. The blogs are likely to be more reflective and deep in their mode of communicating. That's why I think Sarah is very smart to have us using both a blog and an e-mail group- interesting to see the type of communication each encourages.
    Great to have a Playcentre person on board. I'm a life memeber of my local Playcentre in the suburb of Mornington, Dunedin.
    Look forward to continuing engagement in this course Gillian.

    ReplyDelete